Two Swingsets

Monday, May 28, 2012

The Oliver + S Swingset Tunic pattern was one of the very first Oliver + S patterns I wanted.  It took me forever to find one in the larger size, but I finally did.

I actually had an extended long weekend from work this holiday weekend, so I found some time to sew, in between cooking, a two-year old's earache with a trip to the doctor, and some superficial house cleaning.

I chose two totally different fabrics - the first, a floral quilting cotton that I found in the remnant bin at my local quilting store for about $2.50.  The beauty of this pattern is that it takes a mere half yard of the main fabric.  I actually used an old white sheet for the lining fabric on this one.

I made this in a size 3 for my 2 1/2 year old.  I originally thought I should trace a two and add length, but this size worked out just fine.  It works well with the hot pink Sunday Brunch corduroy skirt I made previously.
My daughter was less than cooperative with the photos - refused to have her hair done....she's going through a phase where she wants her hair down, which leads to lots of tangles, which leads to lots of crying the next morning while I'm trying to do her hair for school....
The next fabric is an unknown fabric that I've had in my stash for years.  I used it for a shirt years ago for my now 22 year old daughter.  It worked really well in this pattern as well - I love these colors on my daughter - it screams summer to me....

These two tops made me happy because I was able to make both without a trip to the fabric store.  I had perfect buttons for both in my stash, and I didn't even need thread.  I'll be making a bunch more of these tops, especially since my daughter loved them.

Next, off to enjoy the last day of my long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Latex finger Cots and Protectors are used to protect fingers when servicing rolex replica sale. They are supplied in boxes containing 144 pieces. It comes with an easy dispenser and is available in four different sizes to fit all fingers. They can be used during hublot replica sale service activities like valeting, applying oils and cleaning solutions to keep the fake rolex sale. They are tough and have anti static property. They do not contain powder and have textured tips to provide more sensitivity while working. They are replica watches sale in colour to merge with the skin colour and can be rolled with the rim to fit easily. For many people, to own replica watches sale is to display success. Noted notables have remarked that failing to possess one is failing as a man, and so many highly charged and breitling replica sale own these gilded status symbols that they have become the apogee of the business world accessory.