Summer KCW - Day 1 - Cotton + Steel + Oliver + S

Monday, July 21, 2014

in
Seriously, unless you've been hiding under a fabric rock for the past months, you, like me, have eagerly been anticipating the arrival of Cotton and Steel to your favorite fabric shop. 

Well, my favorite shop is my shop - but, unfortunately, our order to Cotton + Steel has not arrived yet.  They told us when we went to their office and ordered that it would be a bit later as we ordered a bit later....oh well!

Lucky me, I won a little $25 gift card to the Fat Quarter Shop.  It came last week, concurrent with their arrival of Cotton + Steel.  I knew what I had to do....

The fabric I used is actually my absolute favorite of all.  But, did I order some for my own shop - no.  We went with kind of a mini-collection of fabrics that kind of coordinate with each other (guided by the lovely sales people at Cotton + Steel).  The beautiful border print by Melody Miller didn't make the cut.  But, I knew I had to have it.....so, here it is!








The pattern is the Garden Party dress from Oliver + S.  Seriously, a great sew.  One of the good things about it is that there's no notions really needed; just a button.  No zipper, no elastic.  The things that I'm always missing and need to run to the store for!  I actually had some white fabric cut out as the contrast....I re-thought that and I'm glad I did.  The red really pops.

Day 1 of Kids' Clothes Week a success!  A completed project and a blog post to boot!  Now, to get back to work for day 2....

2 comments:

  1. I like this print (ive been into border prints lately). I need to look and see which prints you are getting since your shop is my favorite also haha. The dress looks great! And julia of course is extra beautiful. Good job on your kcw day 1. I actually sewed something for myself day 1 haha it covers up the pregnant belly so it counts right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great use of this print! beautiful dress and girl! :)

    ReplyDelete