Monday, May 30, 2016

Kids Clothes Week - Spring 2016

I made an attempt this past week to join in with Kids Clothes Week.  Success?  Failure?  Well, a little bit of both.

I set my sights high and pulled fabric for about 8 items.  What I ended up with was this:







I guess in the normal world of sewing, I'd be happy.  I completed both outfits this week, worked 40 hours, did about a million kid activities and took about 10 trips to the dog park.

The details:

Outfit number 1 - two free patterns from Oliver + S - the Popover dress made into a tunic, and my much-used Sunny Days Shorts.  The top and shorts are both size 5.  On the tunic, I added width on the front panel and gathered it a bit.  The fabric is a nice light seersucker from Robert Kaufman.  The shorts are a medium weight cotton denim fabric that has been living in my stash forever.  Nice to use that stash fabric!  I shortened the shorts 2 inches from the pattern length - works better with the heavier fabric. I added pockets to both the front and back of the shorts....gotta have pockets!

Outfit number 2 - the Butterfly Blouse and Skirt from Oliver + S sewn in a size 5 with 7 length.  The top is Woodland Clearing lawn and the skirt is a heavy cotton linen.  I've made the skirt a bunch of times for school uniforms, but this was the first time I've made the top.  It's a very sweet pattern - I definitely recommend it!

 Here's some modeled shots of both outfits (no pictures of the shorts yet!):







Thanks for reading.....can you tell my sew-jo is back?  Makes me happy!

13 comments:

  1. I love the popover tunic, I shall have to remember that one, although I do prefer to keep my daughter, as a blond, in shirts with a bit of a sleeve. The sunny days shorts are do for a remake in our house too. Yay for sew-jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I would call 2 outfits a success during KCW :-) I only finished one dress for my little girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I am actually happy - and back to sewing again this weekend!

      Delete
  3. They are both great outfits - cute, comfy and they look great on Julia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Masha! It's so easy to lose the sew-jo but once it comes back, it's so fun again!

      Delete
  4. I love those colors on J! The outfits look great.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Cindy! I didn't realize how much the color popped until I looked at the photos against the gray beach.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic!! Yeah, I work more than full time plus two kids and a house that always looks like a tornado hit it - the days of producing seven outfits in seven days during KCW are solidly OVER for me (I may have done that once or twice, before Maggie was born, and I was completely exhausted afterwards and necessary things did not get done), but I consider it a win if I sew just a bit more than average now. These are great outfits, super practical and mix-and match, and I for one am thrilled to see your sew-jo back! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inder....you should see my house! Not a huge priority at this point in my life - not with a 6 year old and a puppy....to say nothing about the rest of the family!

      Delete
  6. I love the fabrics you used! That butterfly blouse is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reposi tioning the brand, the most important highlight of Louis Vuitton Handbags and Original Rolex Watche in fur top luxury flagship product category.The 1:1 Replica Breitling Watches in July last year held their first couture show called “Fashion furs” in Paris.The company also plans to invest heavily in prominent brands of Rolex Air King Italian descent.Omega Watches Replica?is the most famous luxury watch brand all over the world.That global recognition is the Replica Tag Heuer product of decades of success in a range of fields.

    Rolex Air King

    Louis Vuitton Handbags

    Original Rolex Watches

    1:1 Replica Breitling Watches

    Omega Watches Replica

    Replica Tag Heuer

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover