I made an attempt this past week to join in with Kids Clothes Week. Success? Failure? Well, a little bit of both.
I set my sights high and pulled fabric for about 8 items. What I ended up with was this:
I guess in the normal world of sewing, I'd be happy. I completed both outfits this week, worked 40 hours, did about a million kid activities and took about 10 trips to the dog park.
Outfit number 1 - two free patterns from Oliver + S - the Popover dress made into a tunic, and my much-used Sunny Days Shorts. The top and shorts are both size 5. On the tunic, I added width on the front panel and gathered it a bit. The fabric is a nice light seersucker from Robert Kaufman. The shorts are a medium weight cotton denim fabric that has been living in my stash forever. Nice to use that stash fabric! I shortened the shorts 2 inches from the pattern length - works better with the heavier fabric. I added pockets to both the front and back of the shorts....gotta have pockets!
Outfit number 2 - the Butterfly Blouse and Skirt from Oliver + S sewn in a size 5 with 7 length. The top is Woodland Clearing lawn and the skirt is a heavy cotton linen. I've made the skirt a bunch of times for school uniforms, but this was the first time I've made the top. It's a very sweet pattern - I definitely recommend it!
Here's some modeled shots of both outfits (no pictures of the shorts yet!):