Friday, July 6, 2012

Swingset...Dress? Nightgown?

My daughter loves dresses. Bottom line. I tried putting her in a pair of jeans last weekend, and she actually cried. Scrutinizing her wardrobe, her favorite dresses (RTW hand-me-downs) are spaghetti strap, flowing, below the knee with a ruffle. Acquiescing to my child's wishes, I looked through my patterns to see if I could replicate the look. Of course, there was an Oliver and S pattern that would work. I took the Swingset Tunic pattern, lengthened and tapered the body, and added a ruffle.


 I thought it turned out a bit long, so it borders on the nightgown look.

I used a very light-weight denim for the bodice and ruffle, and Kokka print for the body.  The Kokka print was a joy to work with - lightweight, but not slippery.  I know my daughter loves the way it feels.

In an effort to continue to use some embroidery, I added a single flower at the bodice.


 The dress is from the size 3T from the Swingset Tunic pattern.  I would say that it should easily fit her through next summer.  Which, of course is a good thing.

And, she likes it, which is another good thing....


1 comment:

  1. The replica watches industries is currently experiencing decreased for four month in a row with exports dipping down to more than 22.4 percent according to reports on Reuters, but that is another issue. Basel 2009 has recently saw the launch of many fake rolex sale from luxury brand. The Pavillion, Kuala Lumpur is a must visit for rolex replica sale especially if you are seriously looking for luxury and authentic watches or just to enjoy window shopping. It is also a destination for rolex replica sale. In this article, we will take a look at the best luxury watches for men. Often, a watch is the only piece of jewelry that a man will wear. A replica watches uk defines a man's look and tone. So which luxury watch should you buy and how can you get the best price. Let's have a look. If you are ever strolling the mall, you will always see fake rolex sale stores with beautiful watches.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover