Sunday, May 1, 2016

Sew-Jo Coming Back.....

I haven't sewn a ton over the past few months.  And when I sewed, I didn't necessarily blog.  But, I think I may be getting back on track!

I made a quick outfit for Julia on Saturday.  Previously, just about two years ago, I made these shorts:

Well, these shorts stayed in the drawer for about a year and a half.  She refused to wear them.  Then, all of a sudden, they became The Golden Boy (Seinfeld reference) of her wardrobe.  Every day, when she got home from school, on went these shorts and a black tank.  Every day.  These shorts are now a pretty disgusting shade of grey with flowers.

So, I used some similar fleece and made this outfit:





These shorts are a size 5 straight up.  I may make the next pair a bit shorter - they are kind of an awkward length.  The previous ones were a size 4 and I think she still could wear a size 4.  The pattern is the free Sunny Days Shorts from Oliver + S.  I added front pockets and back pockets.    Gotta have pockets.

The top is another Oliver + S pattern - the School Bus T-Shirt.  This is a size 4 with about 5 inches added to the length.  The fabric is hideous to work with.  It is that kind of burn-out fabric which my daughter loves.  Unfortunately, it's a pain in the butt to work with - it curled like nobody's business.  The neck band application was atrocious so I went to the iron to give it a blast of steam.  Mistake.  Burnt a hole in it, hence, the lovely bow at the neckline.  I was actually going to put it straight in the trash, but Julia really liked it, so we'll see what happens....I have more of the hideous fabric - a lot more.

Next up, a Mother's Day gift.....

9 comments:

  1. Why do we always have more of the 'hideous' fabric? (Which doesn't look a bit hideous BTW)
    Julia looks gorgeous and I used to have a pair of designer jeans in a very similar print, I loved them.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outfit looks fabulous so I really appreciate you sharing the difficulties you had! I have a crazy amount of fabric stashed for various outfits for my daughter, hopefully some of that gets made this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ick, I know exactly what you mean about that sort of fabric. You made it look effortless, though - the bow is exactly the sort of detail that makes it look RTW. Look at how tall she is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute oufit! The bow totally makes the shirt, so I'd call burning the neckline a lucky accident! =) I know the kind of fabric you are talking about though... it's just awful to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit-so cheerful! I've been working with some teeth-gnashingly delicate laces, and thought you might be able to use the same trick that has tamed my lace: soak it in a plain gelatin solution, then dry it flat. It makes it feel like paper, and sews like a dream. Then wash as usual, and your fabric is returned to its old, soft, drapey self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terial Magic spray would do similar with less mess I think. Love that outfit!

      Delete
  6. Fantastic play clothes! Excellent save on the top - the bow is adorable and I never would've guessed there was an iron-burn-disaster involved with it, it looks very intentional!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with everyone else, the bow was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reposi tioning the brand, the most important highlight of Louis Vuitton Handbags and Original Rolex Watche in fur top luxury flagship product category.The 1:1 Replica Breitling Watches in July last year held their first couture show called “Fashion furs” in Paris.The company also plans to invest heavily in prominent brands of Rolex Air King Italian descent.Omega Watches Replica?is the most famous luxury watch brand all over the world.That global recognition is the Replica Tag Heuer product of decades of success in a range of fields.

    Rolex Air King

    Louis Vuitton Handbags

    Original Rolex Watches

    1:1 Replica Breitling Watches

    Omega Watches Replica

    Replica Tag Heuer

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover