KCWC - Days 3 & 4 - Beaucoup de Flashbacks!

Friday, October 12, 2012

in
So, days 3 and 4 of KCWC are workdays.  I work about 10 hours per day, so there was really not a lot of time to sew.  What I did was use a pattern I had purchased a while ago, but not used to make a bunch of shirts - something my kid actually does need.

I was lucky enough to be a tester for Made By Rae's Washi dress, so I know how much thought and detail she puts into her patterns, especially the sizing.  So, for the Flashback Skinny tee, I trusted Rae and measured my daughter and decided to use a size 2 pattern, but lengthen the body by 3 inches.  It worked perfectly.

I was able to make all these shirts using only fabrics I had in my stash.  My oldest daughter is/was a gymnast, so I've got tons of cotton lycra left over from leotards.  Both of the floral shirts are the really stretchy knit with spandex.  The turquoise stripe and the Minnie Mouse fabrics are both interlock, and the grey is a really soft rib knit.  I applique'd the bold "J" on the stripe because after I put it together, I thought it needed something extra.

They're not hemmed yet because my plan is to take out the twin needle and hem them.

Here's the individual photos:
My favorite is the peach floral, but the gray one is a shirt that I'd wear for myself.

Now, on to the last project (or two)......


1 comment:

  1. Popped over from the KCWC Flickr pool - I just love these! (And your daughter makes them especially adorable.)

    ReplyDelete