Kokka Paris Walk 2+2

Saturday, January 5, 2013

in
One of the first patterns that I got from Oliver + S was the 2+2.  I've sewed several tops, plus the skirt.  In fact, I even bought the larger size range already because I knew it was such a versatile top and skirt pattern that I'd get a ton of use out of it.

When I first saw this fabric while buying for my shop from the Kokka distributor, I knew that I loved it and what I wanted to make with it.  I thought that it would make a wonderful 2+2 top, with denim accents, hopefully worn by my child with some jeans, or at least a jean skirt.  I love the little silhouette of the woman walking her dog.....

The fabric is a Kokka linen cotton blend - it's not heavy, but not real, real lightweight - kind of a middle weight fabric.  I used a light weight denim that I got from Joann's on sale - I've used this light denim quite a bit - really, I should just but about 10 yards next time it goes on sale...


I really like the way it came out, except, I really should have added a few inches to the length.  This is a 3T, and I've been using the 3T size but adding about 2-3 inches on all my recent projects.

Every time I sew an Oliver + S pattern again, I do a little bit better - on my prior attempts with this top, the area under the patch (which is gathered) ended up with uneven pleats.  This time, I took a bit more time and it looks more like gathers.   It's the little things.....

I let Julia sew the buttons on with me.  She already says that she wants to learn to sew, which makes me very happy.

Some modeled photos:


So ends my first sewing project of the New Year.....much, much more to come!!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous (the shirt and your daughter). I just ordered the fabric from you. I'll have to look for the that denim at Joann's. I just found your blog and I am looking forward to checking it out and seeing what else you made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I hope you like the fabric as much as I do. The denim I used is really about as lightweight as shirting - and, of course, at Joann's they have their 50% off coupons all the time.

      Your package will be sent out tomorrow so you should have it by Wednesday.

      Delete
  2. We 'nominated' you for the Liebster Blog Award (http://www.francessuzanne.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-liebster-blog-award-translated-love.html) ....from what we could gather, it is more of a 'get to know you' sort of post rather than an actual award {although you are very deserving of an award}!

    We hope you take the time to create your own post, and share a bit more about yourself to the blogging world!
    Ashley {Frances} and Emily {Suzanne}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you guys! I'm honored to be "nominated'! I'll join in soon!

      Delete