KCW - Day 7 - Go Bold or Go Home!

Sunday, October 27, 2013

in
So, I absolutely didn't finish all that I had planned for KCW, but I definitely consider it a success.

I made one complete outfit (hopscotch skirt and top), a volcano costume, and today, I finished up a new pattern from Oliver + S - their Playtime pattern.

So, I can't even describe how much I like this pattern.  I used some extraordinarily bold fabric - from Zen Chic's Comma line from Moda.  I loved this fabric the first time I saw in, in fact, I have a couple of requests from the men in my house wanting shirts made from this line.

This is the tunic version, which matched perfectly from some leggings that I purchased.  Yes, occasionally, I do purchase clothes, but not too often.  I made this in a size 3 with 4 length, after actually measuring my kid and realizing that she still measures within the 2 for width, but is in the size 5 length-wise.  I think this size fits perfectly.  The dress version moved up rapidly on my to-do list....


I just love the topstitched details.  Seriously love.


The cut of the tunic is perfect for the budding ballet dancer's moves....

Yes, she likes it!!


3 comments:

  1. The outfit is adorable, Janice! The print that you used for the tunic looks perfect paired with the striped leggings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy - it's really such a nice pattern....I see many more in my future!

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic. Love the big print and in black and white it is really nice and not too much at all.

    ReplyDelete