KCW - Days 6 and 7 - Simply Sweet!

Sunday, February 2, 2014

in
So, I purchased the Simply Sweet Tunic pattern on September 7, 2012.  I finally sewed one up as part of Kids Clothes Week.  Seriously, I need to do a better job of using patterns that I actually own!



I used some Kokka double gauze from my shop.  I've said it previously, but if you've never sewn with double gauze before, you owe it to yourself to give it a try.  It's such a pleasure to sew with.  It's soft like a knit, but with the stability of a woven. 

This particular print is kind of wacky, as some Japanese prints tend to be.  It's one of those prints that you can look at for a while and see new things - like the fact that there's a bear shooting a slingshot....

The tunic came together as nicely as I knew it would - the pattern designer tests her patterns thoroughly, and they're really well thought out.  This is a size 5 - I really can't believe my kid is a size 5 - I could definitely make a 4 and add length, but the fabric is super flow-y, and I'd imagine very comfortable to wear. 

In retrospect, this Kid's Clothes Week was definitely a success.  I made a dress, two tops and a pair of shorts.  Oh yeah, I also did some pattern testing for Heidi and Finn's new pattern release - I'll be showing off those photos soon!  So, if I include both versions of that, my kid ended up with 6 new pieces of clothing in just one week!

6 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your blog! Your taste for patterns and mixing fabrics - your clothes are awesome! This tunic is so beautiful! Be proud! This weeks KCW was a disappointment for me. I just didn't have the inspiration and time. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely blouse - the fabric combo is great!
    Congrats on your KCW accomplishment - 6 pieces if truly amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very pretty. I really don't need any more patterns but I like the 'beachy' feel of this and we love the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful. I love the pattern! Though I tallied my kid pattern stash last night and I have 20 of O+S alone ... hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing Janice. Beautiful fabric combo and as always you did such an amazing job with the sewing....

    Marina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The top is beautiful on Ms. J!

    ReplyDelete