Sunday, October 21, 2012

Two Ice Creams

This weekend, we have a very special birthday to go to - my daughter's former babysitter's daughter's first birthday.  So, another opportunity to make a gift using an Oliver + S pattern.

I made her an Ice Cream dress, in size 12-18 months.  I've made 3 of the tops previously, and they go together so nicely, with all the seams either enclosed or finished. 


I used a really cute Robert Kaufman print from their Urban Circus line.  I really like it with the green - I used corduroy - and the gift recipient is a blond, blue eyed adorable baby, so I think these colors will look great.  This was the first time I made the dress, and I think I put together the hem facing upside down, and I didn't notice the instruction to understitch the facing.  

Next up was another one, this time for Julia.  I'm trying really hard to consider what she'll actually wear, as opposed to what I think I'd like her to wear.  At this point, she really doesn't want to wear pants.  Or even leggings.  Or t-shirts.  Only pretty dresses.  That's the bottom line.

I made this one out of an absolutely screaming print I've had in my stash forever.  It's from Alexander Henry, and I know I've had it for about 10 years.  I actually love the detail in the print, but even I have to admit it's pretty screaming.  I paired it with a red corduroy, but after I actually put it on my child, I realize that the red is too much of an orange red.  So, next time, I'll seek out a more blue toned red.  This is a 2T with 3T length.  No notches in the neck or pockets, cause, I'm lazy sometimes.

Still, when I finished it, she put it on with absolutely no fight, and cooperated with me taking photos.  Success!!

 I had a hard time with the levels in the photos because it was a pretty gray day, and the red and all the other colors were really bold.  Still, I like the way the photos came out - especially since the kid was cooperative.


We really don't get a lot of rain around here, so she got  a chance to do one of her favorite thing....jump in muddy puddles!  (We're big Peppa Pig fans around here...)

 
I love the lagoon across the street from us - we see the coolest birds!!


1 comment:

  1. Cartier has models such as the Santos, a distinctive, square dial with rolex replica uk and the name long associated with royalty and prestige, is certainly an impressive one to casually drop into hublot replica uk. Owning a Panerai, constantly in high demand on long waiting lists, could give you an edge in prestige. The timeless designs of the rolex replica sale and the high-octane associations of its Ferrari partnership are easy to form attachments to, while their scarce nature is definitely something to promote. Nor should replica watches sale be discarded simply because it is well-known. In addition to the most famous models, the replica watches uk the company also sells many other models, such as the GMT Master and GMT II, both of which allow the wearer to follow time in two different time rolex replica very useful for the jet-setting businessman.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover